The disk test or Chkdsk.exe is used to check for errors is an integrated Windows application disk media and a file system. If you do not open, save, or open files from the blue screen, you can run a disk checker application. If we need to detect and correct the file system or disk scam, we configure the Windows test tools. The Disk Utility or ChkDsk.exe file checks for system errors, bad zones, lost groups, and so on. If the control disk is suddenly closed or the dirty file system closes automatically.
Windows 10/8/7 and Windows Vista can be called “two versions” of this application. One of the most commonly used is a basic version and a command line version of the other, which has a large number of options. The basic version of the disk checker application is accessible as follows: Open System> Right-click Driver> Properties> Tools tab> Check Now. Here you have the option of recovering automatic file system errors and restoring defective areas.
Command line test disk
Then, chkdsk has this command line version, which gives you many options, allowing you to display ordinary disks using the task manager.
To use the disk version of the command line disk, use the administrator administrator as an easy-to-use admin option on the command line. Type the type in chkdsk. It runs Chkdsk in read-only mode and displays the status of the current drive.
Do you want to type Chkdsk? And press Enter, giving you parameters or switches.
To get an instruction, use the C drive, use chkdsk C
At the end of the command for its functional expert, you can use the following parameters.
The following is valid for FAT32 / NTFS versions.
- /f – detects errors.
- /r – attempts to identify and recover poor areas.
- /F – lists the list of each file in each directory of FAT32. Show cleanup messages on NTFS.
Only the following NTFS packages are valid for Volume.
- /c – Check the wheels in the directory
- /I – simple test of encoding entries.
- /x – is the volume to delete. Reject all open file managers. Due to data
loss / scam, it should be avoided in Windows desktop versions.
- /l [
:size] This changes the file size to the NTFS transaction. This option is also for server administrators, like the ones above.
When you start in Windows Recovery Environment, only two switches are available.
- /p – This completely checks the current disk
- /r – This fixes possible damage to the current disk.
The following switches are available for NTFS versions only for Windows 10, Windows 8:
- /scan – Online scanning
forceofflinefix– Bypass the payment defect for Force Repair / Offline Repair and Offline Repair.
- / perf – perform scanning as soon as possible.
- /offlinescanandfix – run scan and perform fixes offline
- / sdcclean – garbage collection.
These switches only support Windows 10 in FAT / FAT32 / EXFAT versions:
- / freeorphanedchains – free up any orphaned clusters
- /markclean – Mark the volume clean if no corruption is detected.