Media streamers like Amazon Fires TV recently became more popular in a few years, and that’s hardly a great surprise. They made it easy to watch HD content from thousands of channels and also for a reasonable amount of price.
Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick provides full HD streaming capabilities and 1000+ of channels options. Unless you live in the US or UK, all of the contents will be geo-blocked.
Install the best Firestick VPN, to avoid this geo-restriction and protect the privacy of your network. This will help you to mask your IP address and also encrypt your traffic.
Install a VPN on Amazon Fire TV and TV stick
You can install a VPN on your device using two methods, one is through its app store and another by directly downloading the APK file. Few VPNs like ExpressVPN, IPVanish are available on its app store that also only in certain countries and other VPNs have to be downloaded using the second method.
Method 1: Install VPN from App Store:
This method works only when the VPN has listed on the Fire TV or TV Stick’s app store.
- Go to the search on your device and type in your VPN’s name. If it doesn’t show up, then head to the second method.
- Click on the VPN app if it shows, then click on the Download button.
- Once the download finished, click the Open to launch your VPN app.
- Subscribe and Sign in to your VPN app.
- Click the Connect button by selecting a location in the US.
- Click on OK, when the VPN connection request comes up.
Method 2: Install a VPN with a direct download
This method works with any APK file that isn’t available on Fire TV or TV stick app store. If your VPN has it’s own apk file on their website. We recommend downloading it directly from the site rather than through other sites.
- Search for the “Downloader” on your device.
- Click on the Downloader app and click the download button.
- Once the downloading is finished, click the Open button to launch the Downloader app.
- Enter the direct download URL for the VPN’s APK file, once the app is opened. You can see this on the VPN provider’s Android app pages.
- Download the APK file, you’ll be prompted to install the app, if not you can go into the download section in the Downloader app and click the APK file.
- As the app was downloaded through another app, the VPN won’t show up in the Apps menu.
- You’ll need to find it in the settings. Navigate to the Settings and then Applications.
- Click the Manage installed application, and there you’ll find your VPN app.
- Click on the VPN app to launch the Application.
- Sign in to your VPN app.
- Select a VPN location in the US and click on the Connect.
And that’s how you can install a VPN on your Amazon Fire TV or TV Stick. If you have any trouble while installing the VPN, let us know in the comment section below.