We all know that Kodi is a streaming media content from both offline and online. You need the help of some additional programs, to stream contents from online called add-ons. And to install Kodi, you need the help of repositories. In this article, we will explain how to install Kodi repo and add-ons.
What is Kodi Repository:
Repositories are the locations from which add-ons can be installed. Repositories are similar to app stores in Android and Apple devices. Repositories are used for grabbing add-ons and Kodi comes with official repositories but the options are limited.
How to install a Kodi Repository?
We recommend you to use a VPN to hide your identity on the internet and to protect yourself. Installing Kodi repository is easy once you know the procedure, follow the instructions given below, to install Kodi repositories.
- From the Kodi main menu, Go to system > File Manager and click on the add file source.
- Type in the link of the repository you want to install and click done, in the ‘None” section.
- You can also give an alias to the repository by typing in the next text box and click OK.
- Now you have the most diverse and longest running Kodi repository.
The best working Kodi Repositories and Add-ons are listed in this site.
How to install Official Kodi Addons?
Setting up Kodi addon, is actually pretty easy, using the steps given below.
- Open your Kodi application and head over to Add-ons.
- Select the little package addon installation icon in the top left corner.
- Select “Install from Repository”.
- Choose the Kodi add-on repository > Video add-ons.
- Select the video addon you wish to add > install.
- You will get an add-on enabled notification once the repository has been installed.
- Click on Add-ons > Video Add-ons, in your home screen.
This is the guideline on how to install Kodi repositories and add-ons. If you are facing any issue while installing a Kodi repository and addon, you can feel free to comment below.